Matrix planting is a way of gardening in which multiple species are planted in a single space to replicate a natural appearance.
- Bold drifts of bright native flowers
- A design that mimics one found naturally
- A sense of drama and impact
- Multi-seasonality, overlapping durations
- Supports natural weed control
- Less maintenance than traditional gardens.
Rather than neat static rows of plants found in traditional gardens, the naturalistic garden is a more diverse group of plant species with all year interest and although designed, appears unstudied.